Position available – Junior Graphic Designer
We’re on the lookout for a junior graphic designer who is passionate about design and how it influences society. Someone who is creative, original and has a strong visual sense.
ibay is a fun, friendly and dynamic, digital design studio based in Salt River, Cape Town. We specialise in end to end development, WordPress website development, Social Community Management, Content creation and distribution, Google PPC, SEO, Database Marketing, Printing (and much, much more).
We provide a stimulating work space and the opportunity to develop skills across multiple platforms and channels. The ideal candidate should be detail obsessed, but brave enough to think differently while adding value to all the visual communications designed within our studio.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting senior creatives to develop brand collateral and marketing material
- Visual communication designs for social media; primarily Facebook
- Website visual wireframing and front end design
- Relevant tertiary qualification majoring in brand strategy and design
- Strong computer skills. Adobe suite of products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Able to prepare finished files for print and web publishing
- Ability to balance work on several projects at a time
- Strategic thinking, problem solving and ability to grasp client needs and deliver practical solutions
- Great English language communication skills and attention to detail
- A team player who will work with highly creative and strategic teams
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to colleagues
- Maturity and resilience if ideas or designs are rejected
- Eagerness and flexibility to learn about and assist other departments
- WordPress content management experience will be beneficial
- Understanding of mobile UX will be advantageous